- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Responsive rather than reactive
- Turn any task into a meditation
- View life as a spiritual practice
- Connect with your inner stillness in any moment
- Beginners (with some or no meditation experience)
- Past meditators (refreshing their meditation practice)
- Experienced meditators (who would like to deepen their meditation practice)
- Our aim in meditation is to cultivate inner stillness and a deeper connection to self.
- Meditation enables us to relax the mind, monitor the thoughts and maintain a focused awareness.
- It is through regular practice of your chosen meditation style that you will begin to live life with a feeling of centered awareness, clarity and peace.
- Effective times to meditate
- The breath and how it builds energy
- Is there a correct meditation posture?
- Creating space for meditation
- Hindrances you may encounter
- Different meditation tools and how and when to use them
- Monitoring the thoughts
January 14, 20, and 21st, 2018; 1:15-4PM; 323 New York 25A, Miller Place, NY 11764; rear of Marshalls
February 10, 11, 17 & 18th, 2018; 2-4PM; 78 Terry Street, Patchogue, NY 11772
The class will run for a minimum of 4 people. If you cannot attend every session date and time, you can make up that class at another group session.
What Learn to Meditate participants have to say…
“I want to share with you something that happened during our HUM mantra meditation in class. You asked us to focus on something we wanted to manifest. I asked to release my anger and fear about life. When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, my mind went to a very dark place. I was so angry at everything, even after he was free of the cancer. It was eating away at me and I regressed to a bad place. I was in a negative energy loop.”
“While we did the Hum meditation, I saw my anger as red hot, with a bright orange core. While I meditated, that changed to a white/ green light. I also then saw a huge tree that symbolized me. It was a tree with a huge trunk and branches that spread far and wide, but also drooped to envelop those under it. People tell me all the time how calming I am to them. That I help them figure out their problems. I never understood it since I constantly feel anxious and scared. But yesterday I understood that I am giving so much of myself to others but don’t give that energy to myself. I finally understand that I need to take the time to give myself the same feelings. When I meditate, I reboot, shed negative energy, and can help myself not feel so scattered and scared.”
“Thank you. They say that people are put in your path for a reason and at a time when you need them the most. I honestly am so grateful for you and the tools you have given me. I am taking this workshop again. This was just the tip of the iceberg. I know that I can go deeper and finally start feeling peace in myself. I think that you are my guide to becoming my best self.” K. NY